Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Finally met the Governor

After four plus years on island, I finally met Governor Fitial tonight at the Fiesta Resort. I ran into him while I was getting dinner. He seems like a nice guy with a successful politician's charm. Though we never met, he seemed like he knew me right away. He has been in recovery from his medical problems he said, so he doesn't get around as much. I told him to support the schools and I'd be off his back, and he said ok and gave me a warm handshake.

I used to see former Governor Juan Babauta ballroom dancing with Harry Blalock, I mean walking on the Oleai Path all the time, (kidding Harry I swear) but I've only seen him once jogging in Marpi since he left office.

1 comment:

Bruce A. Bateman said...

Did you give him the ol' all American slap on the back? JK, he looks like it is putting him in some pretty severe pain.

Know what you mean about Juan Babauta...he disappeared from public view irrespective of what Angelo thinks. (:-))