Saturday, December 22, 2007

CNMI dive sites re-ranked

I'm re-ranking my list of my favorite dives in the CNMI to reflect my Rota experiences. This list can and will change over time and with my own further experience. I haven't done multiple dives at all these sites, so I might have caught a bad day in certain circumstances. The two sites I really want to do that I haven't yet are Goat Island and Forbidden Island. Of the three islands, I would say Saipan, Rota and Tinian are the islands I would dive in order. If seeking out an English speaking dive guide, I would recommend Richard Sikkel. For a Korean dive shop, and as a place to rent tanks, I recommend Mr. Lee at Dive Saipan/All American Divers.

1. The Grotto
2. Bonzai Cliff
3. Rota Hole
4. Wing Beach
5. Bird Island
6. Chinsen Mauru
7. Wing Arch
8. Spotlight Cave
9. Tinian Grotto
10. Lau Lau Bay
11. Emily the wreck formerly known as B-29
12. Ice Cream
13. Shoen Maru Rota
14. Fleming Wall Tinian
15. Twin Coral Tinian
16. Senhanom Wall Rota
17. Naftan
18. Dimple
19. Eagle Ray City
20. Tinian Dump Cove

7 comments:

Bruce A. Bateman said...

Good sites all, Jeff. Not everyone would rank them in the same order, but most are there.

Let's work on finding and diving 19 more over the next year.

Brady Barrineau said...

Dimple better than Naftan? No way.

Jeff said...

Naftan was underwhelming when I've been there, as is Dimple. They could be reversed.

Brady Barrineau said...

Let's put together a shore dive to Naftan soon Jeff. I'll organize it if you want to go along.

Angelo Villagomez said...

Merry Christmas, Jeff

Jeff said...

You, too buddy.

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year. The Hobbit House in Rota is by far number one and French tunnel, Pearlman Tunnel, Pona Point, and Mochung(sp) are must have in the top ten.